- 15 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
Low-carb dinners are easy with stuffed peppers. Make this recipe that uses spiralized zucchini and quinoa for a healthy meal you'll want to make again!
- In a large deep skillet, heat the canola oil until hot, then add the onions and cook for approximately 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the ground turkey and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic powder, the red pepper flakes, the salt and pepper, the dried basil, and the can of tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and the spiralized zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the quinoa and stir.
- Using a spoon, stuff each pepper with the mixture and place them in a large greased baking dish. (You can use a Bundt pan; this helps keep them vertical while they’re cooking.)
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with additional Parmesan cheese.