- 10 minutes
- 3 minutes
This festive dessert snack mix is the perfect combination of sweet and slightly salty and is very easy to make. So, if you’re pressed for time, but still want to make something red, white and blue to celebration patriotic holidays like Memorial Day, this is the perfect recipe. In fact, you can make this tasty snack mix in under 15 minutes. Plus, with less than 10 ingredients, it’s a low-cost recipe too! Now, grab a mixing bowl, microwave-safe bowl and a large spoon for stirring and get ready to whip up this Red, White & Blue Dessert Snack Mix. And since it’s so easy to make, this is a great recipe to recruit the kids for help and spend quality family time together in the kitchen.
- Place the cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, place the white chocolate chips and the butter and melt on high for 45 seconds; stir. As needed, microwave in 15-second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture evenly over cereal. Fold gently until cereal is evenly coated. Sprinkle with sprinkles, if using.
- Add the powdered sugar and toss gently until all the cereal is coated.
- Add the colored candies, peanuts and yogurt-covered raisins. Toss to combine.