- 4 hours
- 15 minutes
When it comes to cookies, nothing says itâ s time for the holidays like these chocolate cookies that resemble peppermint snowflakes. These look pretty and taste just as good, perfect for gorgeous cookie gift boxes. They double as a sweet surface for hard peppermint candies, which cooks can adhere with confetti gel found in your Food Lion cake decorating section.
- Pulverize hard candy in food processor and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar followed by incorporating the egg. Beat for about one minute. Add the yolk and peppermint. Continue beating as you add dry mixture. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Roll cookie dough onto large flour coated cutting board. Using festive snowflake cookie cutters, cut cookies and spread at least 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Reroll and reuse scraps.
- Bake for approximately 13 minutes. Let cookies cool completely before dipping. While baking, prepare white chocolate covering.
- Using a double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using tongs, dunk baked, cooled cookies. Place each coated cookie on baking sheets and while wet, sprinkle pulverized peppermint hard candy atop cookies so candy will set. Once cooled, dab confetti gel atop the cookie and adhere 1 whole hard peppermint candy to each cookie.