- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 6 large cupcakes or 8 small cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 large nonstick metal muffin pan with butter. Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix in wet ingredients and thoroughly blend with a wire whisk or mixer.
- Pour into pan and bake approximately 14-19 minutes, checking carefully to be sure bottom of cupcakes are not burning.
- Test middle cupcake by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center of the cake. When it comes out clean, the cupcakes are cooked. Let cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes and remove from pan to frost.
- Mix cream cheese, butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, scraping the sides into the bowl often. Taste and add more sugar if needed. When cupcakes are frosted, garnish with red crystals. Note: if storing cupcakes for later, do not garnish with crystals.