- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Line pie pans with pie crust. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix cake mix according to directions on box.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the cake batter. Mix well.
- Pour cake mix into the two refrigerated pie pans.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until the center comes out clean after poking with a toothpick. Tent the edges with aluminum foil should the pie edges begin to brown before the cake center is done.
- While baking make the fudge by combining butter, 10 oz of your chocolate chips and the can of sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan. Stir frequently until the mixture smooths out and spread onto the cake center of the pie.
- Sprinkle the top with extra chocolate chips for garnishment. As many or as little as you would like! If you would like the glossy appearance for the presentation value of the chocolate chips put the pie back into the cooling off oven for 1-2 minutes until they get a glossy sheen. Do not melt.