- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
Indulge in a marble cake with a swirl of vanilla and rich red velvet for a Valentine's Day dessert to remember.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with greased parchment paper.
- Whip the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition. Mix in vinegar and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Place half of the batter in another bowl. Mix in cocoa and food coloring. Alternately add ¼ cup each of plain and chocolate batters into the lined pans, dividing batter evenly between pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- Mix butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk in a large bowl. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.