- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- Makes 18 donuts
Transform red velvet cake mix into a red, white and blue dessert that the whole family will love to enjoy for the Fourth of July or Labor Day. These festive donuts are tender, scrumptious and glazed with a sweet cream cheese frosting, then topped with fresh berries. All together, these ingredients create a treat that’s indulgent and creamy with a pop of freshness.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the cake mix, buttermilk, eggs and melted butter in a large bowl until combined. Pour the batter into a large plastic zip-close bag, cut off one corner and pipe into each donut cavity of the baking pan until each one is 2/3 full. Alternatively, you can spoon the batter.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the donuts to cool slightly in the pan and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Re-grease the pan and bake the remaining batter.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer or whisk until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and beat until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over each cooled donut and top with the strawberries and blueberries.