- 20 minutes
- 5 hours
If you need an extra-special meal for your next family gathering, here's a delightful option!
- Liberally season the brisket with salt and pepper.
- In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the brisket until browned on both sides (approximately 5 to 7 minutes per side). Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the onions, carrots, garlic, and celery and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine and cook to reduce it; about 5 minutes.
- Place the brisket back in the skillet or Dutch oven.
- Cover the skillet or Dutch oven and transfer to a 350-degree oven and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until fork-tender. (Check on it every hour or so during cooking and spoon some of the liquid over the brisket.)