- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
Have fun with these sweet Rice Krispies under water critters.
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and mix until entirely melted. Transfer from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Mix until the cereal is well coated.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray. Press the cereal mixture into the pan using a buttered spatula or wax paper. Allow the mixture to cool. Cut into 1-by-2½-inch rectangles.
- Cut into circles and stars using cookie cutters. Dip the front side of the stars into colored sugar to make starfish. Use frosting to apply candy eyes and a licorice mouth.
- Cut two notches in some of the circles to make fish, forming a tail. Arrange a candy eye, licorice mouth and half a candy fruit slice to create a fin. Create the scales by cutting the mini marshmallows into thirds. Use the frosting to attach everything to the Rice Krispies Treat.
- To make the crabs, add 6 red licorice legs, candy eyes and a black licorice mouth. Cut the red candy fruit slices to form crab claws. Slide each claw onto the end of a toothpick and then stick the other end of the toothpick into the crab's sides.
- Carefully slide each treat onto the end of a bamboo skewer and enjoy.