- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
I love collards, but they take too long to cook. Here is my recipe for fast cooking greens.
- Clean the Chard well and remove the stems.
- Cross Cut the bacon slab into Â½ inch pieces. Leaving the bacon as a slab instead of separating the slices makes it significantly easier.
- In a large, deep pot, Fry the bacon.
- Add the additional oil. Saute the Onion & Garlic until slightly soft.
- Add the Worcestershire, Salt, & pepper.
- Add the Chard to the pot one handful at a time. Stir until wilted, then add another handful. Repeat until all the Chard is wilted.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, another 5 min.