- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes 24 to 30 appetizers
A fresh and easy appetizer for a springtime gathering.
- Cook the frozen peas according to the package directions but do not overcook.
- Drain the peas and rinse with cold water, then set aside to continue cooling.
- In a small bowl, place the melted butter, the 1/8 teaspoon salt, the 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and garlic powder, and mix.
- Brush the butter mixture on both sides of each slice of French bread.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake in a 375-degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until they are nicely browned on each side (you may wish to flip the slices partway through the cooking time).
- In a food processor, place the cooked peas, the onion, the ricotta, the olive oil, the salt, pepper, and the Parmesan (reserve approximately 3 tablespoons of Parmesan for garnish), puree until smooth.
- Serve the spread on the slices of French bread and top with a bit of Parmesan cheese.