- 45 minutes
- 2 hours
- In a bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley.
- Place the onions, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in the bottom of a large roasting pan. Spread the vegetables around. Drizzle approximately half of the herb mixture over the vegetables and toss them to coat.
- Arrange the 8 pieces of turkey over the top of the vegetables. Drizzle the remainder of the herb mixture over the top of the turkey pieces.
- Place the pan in a 425-degree oven for 30 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit (use a meat thermometer to verify the temperature).
- If the vegetables arenât done at that point, remove the turkey and continue to roast the vegetables until softened.
- Serve the vegetables and the turkey on a large platter.
- Strain the pan juices and remove as much of the fat as you wish. Place the juices in a medium saucepan. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and whisk until smooth. Whisk it into the saucepan with the juice/broth mixture and return to a boil for a few minutes and serve with the turkey.