- 25 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- Makes 2-3 Servings.
These crispy roasted potatoes are cut in the shape of little hearts, making them the perfect side dish for your Valentine's Day dinner. Get the recipe!
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, the salt, the pepper, the garlic powder, and the dried chives.
- Take each potato and slice it into slices of approximately 3/8-inch. Use the cookie cutter to cut as many hearts out of each slice (some slices will only produce one heart, some may have more, depending on the size of the potato and the cookie cutter). Discard the excess potato pieces.
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to boil. Place the potato hearts in the boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- When the potato hearts are cool enough to handle, place them in a medium bowl and coat them with the oil mixture. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the hearts in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 15 minutes in a 400-degree oven. Flip the potatoes, then roast for an additional 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.