- 30 minutes
- 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375. Peel potatoes and slice to 1/8" thickness.
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish with butter. Melt the remaining butter in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once melted add garlic and saute until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add milk, and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add shredded cheese, reserving 1/2 cup cheddar, whisking constantly as cheese melts. Add all but 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, and simmer until sauce thickens, about ten minutes.
- Arrange a single layer of potatoes in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 chopped scallions and cover 1/3 of the sauce mixture. Repeat layering with the remainder of potatoes, scallions, and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until cheese is beginning to brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Once potatoes are in the oven, sprinkle salt, pepper, and parsley on both sides of pork chops. In a separate baking dish, arrange pork chops and mushrooms. Pour wine over chops and mushrooms. Cover and bake for 25 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
- Allow potatoes to cool ten minutes, then serve hot alongside pork drizzled with mushrooms and reduced wine sauce.