- 15 minutes
- 2 hours
Spiced Prime Rib with Beer Au Jus Sauce
- Remove ribs from roast, as well as any extra fat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a roasting pan, roast the ribs and fat until fat begins to render, 20-30 minutes
- While ribs and fat are cooking, rub the roast with Pappy's Choice seasoning.
- Once fat has rendered, place the roast on top of the rib bones. Baste the roast in the rendered fat and place roast in oven. Reduce heat to 350 and cook until roast is medium rare, 120-130 degrees internal temp. Baste roast in fat every 30 minutes.
- Remove roast from oven and place on a large plate to rest for 20 minutes.
- Take the baking pan, remove ribs but leave all juices inside pan.
- Chop the garlic and shallot
- Take the roasting pan and put it on the stove, low heat. Add in the garlic, shallots, beer, worchestershire, butter, salt , pepper and spices. Simmer and stir the jus
- Remove Au Jus from pan, place in a serving bowl, slice the roast and enjoy!