- 15 mins
- 1 hour 50 mins
- 1 turkey breast
The carrots, celery and onions in this recipe makes this breast melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup butter, garlic, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper to make a herb butter.
- Loosen the skin with your fingers an brush half of the herb butter over the turkey breast and under the skin. Save the rest of the butter.
- Layer onion, carrots, and celery in the bottom of the baking pan with tablespoon of water. Make a loose tent with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Roast for 1 hour and baste with remaining herb butter. Continue roasting until juices run clear and temperatures (in the thickest part of the breast) are 165 degrees. Remove tent for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Set breast aside to rest. Strain vegetables and drippings and place drippings in a skillet. Skim grease and leave 1 Tablespoon in skillet. Place on low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, scraping up the brown bits. Slowly wish in chicken stock and flour until there are no lumps. Simmer until thickened.