- 2 hours
- 18 minutes
- 12 to 15
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the dry yeast in a 1/3 cup of warm water and 1/2 teaspoon white sugar. Wait until it foams.
- To the yeast mixture, add an additional cup of warm water, then add the extra sugar, butter, rosemary, salt, garlic powder, the vegetable oil, the baking powder, and the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Add the whole wheat flour and stir until combined. Stir in the bread flour and mix well. (The batter will be thick and sticky.) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about one hour.
- After the dough has risen, stir the batter and spoon it into greased muffin tins. Cover them with plastic wrap and let them rise for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover the rolls and bake in a 375-degree oven for 16 to 18 minutes until lightly browned. If desired, brush the tops with a mixture of melted butter and rosemary before baking.
- Serve warm.