- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 5 hours
A crunchy pure maple syrup crust makes this savory and sweet entree an instant holiday hit. Try this Sage Roasted Turkey Recipe today!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with the rack set on the lower third of the oven.
- Rinse turkey inside and out then pat dry. Transfer to a large roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Tuck wings under turkey and stuff cavity with lemon quarters, sage, and salt & pepper. Fold neck flap under, then season the outside of the turkey with salt and pepper. Rub seasonings into turkey, then tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- In a small saucepan, heat melted butter and chicken broth over medium heat until butter is melted. Let cool. In another pan, bring maple syrup to a boil slowly over medium heat. Reduce and simmer until syrup is reduced in half. Cover and set aside.
- Brush turkey all over with butter mixture. Place in oven, roast for 30 minutes. Baste the turkey with butter mixture and reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast turkey and continue to baste every half hour, until a thermometer reads 175 degrees when inserted at the thickest part of the thigh. This should take around 4 hours. During the last hour of cooking, baste turkey with reduced syrup instead of the butter mixture.