- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
This creamy, cheese-filled salmon casserole makes a great springtime meal for the whole family.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and sauté the onions and peppers for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in the flour and ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper, stir until well combined.
- Add the milk and continue stirring constantly over medium heat until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the parsley and grated cheeses until melted.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the cooked pasta, the cheese sauce, and the salmon in a large bowl and combine. Transfer to a 2½- to 3-quart baking dish and top with the breadcrumbs, the remaining black pepper, and the remaining parsley.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.