- 3 hours
- 15 minutes
- 25 treats
These Santa-inspired cheesecake squares are adorable and tasty bite-size treats for the whole family to enjoy.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir.
- Continue until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat. Add the Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well-coated.
- Press the mixture into a 9x9 inch pan lined with aluminum foil. When the treats have cooled, cut into 25 squares (I found this makes it easier for serving later, but you don't have to cut them in advance).
- In a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and the whipped topping and continue mixing until very smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the water and gelatin and let the mixture sit for approximately 5 minutes. Then microwave the mixture until it is liquid (about 20 to 30 seconds—keep checking it).
- Add the gelatin mixture the cream cheese and mix on High until you get stiff peaks.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the Rice Krispie Treats and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 25 squares.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag with a small star tip and pipe a circle of whipped cream on top of each treat. Make the circle about the size of the strawberry.
- Place one strawberry on the top of each treat, and press down slightly into the whipped cream.
- Add a star-tipped dollop of whipped cream on the top of each strawberry.