- 15 minutes
- 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the onions, celery and apples. Cook until soft. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Add the chicken stock and cornbread stuffing mix. Season with ground sage, salt, and black pepper. Add the sweet sausage.
- Fill the center of the butterflied roast with the sweet sausage and cornbread stuffing mixture. Gently roll up the roast and tie with butchers twine. Place in a roasting pan and sprinkle the top of the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Roast in the hot oven for about 2 hours. Or until the pork roast reaches internal temperature of 145 to 160 degrees, depending on how you prefer your pork cooked. Uncover the pork about 30 minutes prior to it being done.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetable, such as honey glazed carrots.