- 30 Minutes
- 50 Minutes
- Makes 6-8 Servings.
For a go-to stuffing recipe, try this festive sausage, cranberry, and walnut stuffing recipe. The perfect pair to your Fall Holiday dinner.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread cubed bread into a large baking sheet, and bake for about 10-15 minutes (until crisp).
- While bread is baking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage, crumbling it into small pieces as it cooks (until no longer pink). Use a slotted spoon to transfer it to a very large bowl.
- Add butter to a skillet and allow it to melt completely. Cook celery, onion, garlic, apples, sage, and pinch of salt & pepper for about 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon the softened veggies to the bowl with the pork sausage. Add walnuts and cranberries to the bowl, and stir to combine everything together. Taste and add more salt/pepper if needed.
- Add toasted bread cubes to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with butter. Spoon entire stuffing contents into the dish. Pour chicken broth over the dressing, evenly distributing it. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and remove the foil. Bake for another 20-25 minutes, until dressing is set and slightly crisp. Serve warm and enjoy!