- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Peel carrots and dice into small pieces. Dice onions, celery, shallot, scallions and peppers into small pieces as well.
- In a skillet, melt butter and add spices. Mix in vegetables and stir fry until onions are clear 5-7 minutes.
- In a large pot, add 6 cups of chicken stock with the tomato paste. Add in vegetables from the skillet. Simmer on medium for 10 minutes.
- Chop cabbage and reduce heat to low. Add in cabbage to soup. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.