- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
This quick hollandaise sauce cooks to perfection in the microwave oven in just minutes and has a subtle extra kick from its dash of Dijon mustard, perfect for vegetables and egg dishes.
- Divide the butter into four chunks. Place it in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl and cover with a paper towel.
- Microwave for 45-60 seconds on high until it is soft. Remove from the oven and stir to complete the melting process.
- Remove butter from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Separate eggs. Whisk the yolks, add the butter and stir well.
- Add cream and lemon juice and stir thoroughly.
- Place the mixture uncovered in the microwave and cook on high, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes. Stop the oven and stir it every 20 seconds so that it doesn’t overcook. It’s done when the mixture is slightly thick.
- Remove sauce from microwave. Add the mustard, stir and serve.