- 15 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes and chopped bacon in a 9x13 baking dish or casserole dish in overlapping layers.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute until light golden brown.
- Add the milk, cream and salt and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Whisk in 1 cup of the Swiss cheese and all of the cheddar cheese until melted and smooth. Mix in the thyme and chives.
- Pour the herb cheese sauce over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and continue baking for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Tip: This recipe can be prepped up to a day in advance. Assemble the scalloped potatoes, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.