- 3 hours
- 30 minutes
- 20 large fudge squares
- In a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the cream and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and continue boiling (stirring occasionally) until a candy thermometer reads 235 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On very low heat, stirring constantly, add in the marshmallow cream and the white chocolate chips.
- Stir in the green food coloring and the peppermint extract. Keep stirring until everything is very smooth and the color is your desired shade of green.
- Add in the green mint baking chips and lightly mix.
- Pour into a parchment-lined 8x8 pan. Let the fudge cool for a couple of hours (I put mine in the refrigerator to save time).
- Once cool, cut the fudge into small squares.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts according to package directions.
- Pour the melted chocolate on a parchment-lined baking sheet; slightly shake the baking sheet back and forth until the chocolate is smooth. Sprinkle the chocolate with the green sanding sugar and gold sprinkles.
- Once the chocolate is cool enough to touch (15 to 20 minutes), use a tiny shamrock cookie cutter to cut out shamrocks. Affix one shamrock to the top of each square of fudge using icing or melted chocolate.