- 30 minutes
- 8 hours
- 10 to 12
Warm and hearty, these beans are delightful and filling--and they'll feed a crowd!
- In a slow cooker, place half of the presoaked beans, followed by half of the chopped onion, repeat with the remaining beans and onions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, ketchup, and Sloppy Joe seasoning mix. Add the hot water and stir.
- Pour the molasses mixture in the slow cooker, directly over the beans and onions. Cover and place over the fire.
- This dish requires lengthy cooking time-several hours (until the beans are tender). Add additional water as necessary during the cooking process.
- Serve with crumbled cooked bacon sprinkled over the beans, or layer uncooked bacon in step 1 along with the beans and onions.