- 10 minutes
- 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high
Apple crisp screams fall, and this year we are making it even easier to prepare by using a crock-pot!
- Add flour, ½ cup white sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and brown sugar into a medium sized bowl. Mix contents of bowl thoroughly.
- Combine flour mixture and butter with a fork (or use your hands to satisfy your inner child) until coarse crumbs form. Add the walnuts. Give a quick stir and set aside.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar, ginger, cornstarch and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl and whisk. Feel free to dance while whisking.
- Place apples in the slow cooker, add cornstarch mixture; stir then toss with the lemon juice. Sprinkle the walnut crumb on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on low (or 2 hours on high if you have guests coming over!!) or until apples are tender.
- Partially remove lid to uncover the apple awesomeness and allow the topping to harden for about an hour.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.