- 15 minutes
- 8 hours
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 additional minute. Add the carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper to the slow cooker and mix to combine. Add the beef and cover. Set to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- During the last half hour of cooking, remove the beef and shred. Discard the thyme and add the beef back to the slow cooker for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Add the ragu to a large sauté pan set over high heat. Transfer the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to combine. Add the reserved pasta water to the pan, if needed, to thin out the sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes and serve immediately with grated parmesan.
Recipe Tip: For the adults in the family, this pasta dish pairs perfectly with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon wine, such as Artie® brand.