- 10 minutes
- 6 hours
- 8 servings
- Dutch Oven Directions:
- Over medium to high heat, saute the onions in the olive oil until translucent. Add the minced garlic. Add the ground beef and sausage and brown. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and ground pepper. Once the meat is browned, add the remaining ingredients, except for the pasta. stirring well to combine. Season again with salt and ground pepper if needed.
- Turn the heat down to medium to low and simmer the soup simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the uncooked pasta and stir in the soup. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or just until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with crusty French bread slices and top with shredded cheese and seasoned ricotta. Garnish with finely chopped fresh basil if desired.
- Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place all the ingredients in your slow cooker, except for the pasta. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Or cook on high for 2-3 hours. Add the uncooked pasta about 30 minutes prior to serving. Stir occasionally to mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve with crusty French bread slices and top and top with shredded cheese and seasoned ricotta. Garnish with finely chopped fresh basil if desired.