- 10 Minutes
- 6-8 hours
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the excess liquid.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the slow cooker and add the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in the tortellini and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: For extra flavor, use a combination of ground beef and ground Italian sausage!