- 1 hour
- 20 minutes
- 3 to 4
Cherry Dr Pepper and a Smithfield ham steak combine to make a memorable meal that's truly delightful.
- In a large saucepan, place the Cherry Dr Pepper®, the brown sugar, the white sugar, the honey, the butter, the vinegar, the pepper, and the allspice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the mixture reduces to the consistency of a syrup (this takes about 45 minutes).
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Reserve one half of the glaze to serve with the cooked ham.
- Using the other half of the glaze, brush a thick layer of glaze on the ham and place on the grill. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes. Brush the ungrilled side of the ham with additional glaze, then flip and grill that side for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve along with the reserved glaze.