- 15 Minutes
- 25 Minutes
- 6 - 8
Want new ways to make chicken wings? Quick dinner ideas aren't hard to make with our recipes. This soda chicken wings recipe will be sure to please.
- Rinse the chicken wings clean, cut the wings at the joint, and pat dry using a paper towel.
- Preheat a wok until it starts to smoke. Add the oil evenly to cover the bottom of the wok.
- Place the ginger and the chicken wings into the wok.
- Move the wings around so they form a single layer, and lightly brown each side for a few minutes over high heat.
- Once the wings are browned combine the Coca-Cola, Shaoxing wine, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, and (if using), the orange peel and cinnamon stick into the wok. Bring it to a boil, cover and reduce temperature to medium.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes. The sauce will become almost dry while leaving a small amount on the bottom of the wok.
- Add salt to taste and mix the wings.
- Return the temperature to high and quickly mix the wings so that the sauce coats each piece.
- Remove from wok and serve!