- 25 Minutes (plus chilling time)
- 8 Minutes
- Whisk together the butter, honey and hot sauce until smooth. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and hot sauce. Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and set a wire cooling rack on top.
- Whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep skillet to 350°F. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk mixture and allow the excess to drip off. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Repeat dipping the chicken in the buttermilk mixture followed by the flour mixture.
- Cook the chicken in the hot oil for 4 minutes per side, turning occasionally, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer the chicken to the wire rack to cool slightly.
- Place one piece of chicken on a waffle, spread with the hot honey butter, top with the coleslaw and finish with a second waffle. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.
Recipe Tip: You can make the butter the day before. Cover and refrigerate, then bring to room temperature before using."