- 8 Hours
- 2 Hours
- 6 - 8
How to make chow chow relish? This southern food staple goes great on hamburgers & hot dogs--perfect for grilling season. Make it quick & easy today!
- In a large bowl, place the bell peppers, the onions, the tomatoes, the cabbage, and the salt. Mix everything together and place the covered bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, drain off all the excess liquid.
- In a large, deep pot, place the sugar, the apple cider vinegar, and the water.
- Heat over medium, stirring frequently, for several minutes, then add in the vegetables along with the mustard seed, the celery seed, the ground mustard, the turmeric, and the smoke paprika.
- Stir everything together and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 60 to 90 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s nice and thick.
- Turn off the heat, allow to cool, and once cooled, refrigerate in smaller containers. Use within 3 to 5 days.