- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
Biscuits need only two things to make them perfect: fresh butter and this delicious sausage gravy.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage in oil until it's approximately halfway cooked.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour, the salt, the pepper, and the red pepper flakes, then stir to coat the sausage. Continue cooking.
- When the sausage is browned, add the half-and-half, cream, and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat as the gravy thickens. Adjust the thickness of the gravy to taste with extra flour and cook to the desired consistency.
- Serve over buttermilk biscuits or toast.