- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings (16 wedges)
These veggie stuffed quesadillas are a perfect game day treat when you still want to snack, but you're watching your figure. The Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream is the perfect dipper for them.
- Mash pinto beans with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute red pepper and onion for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add corn, red pepper flakes, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Lightly toss and saute for three minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add cilantro.
- Wipe a long, 2-burner cast iron griddle, or a large saute pan with a paper towel dipped into the remaining tablespoon of oil. Preheat over medium heat. Lay 2 tortillas on your work surface and spread each evenly with pinto bean spread.
- Place tortillas, bean side up, on the griddle/pan. Do not overcrowd and cook one at a time if necessary. Sprinkle vegetable mixture evenly over the top of each tortilla, then sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover with another tortilla coated with pinto beans and cook until cheese melts ( approximately about 4 minutes).
- Once toasted, flip quesadillas to toast the other side. Slice each quesadilla into 8 wedges, sprinkle with additional cilantro, and serve with Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream.
- To make the Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream : Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.