- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
These hearty and healthy zucchini boats are packed with flavor with ground turkey, beef, peppers, tomatoes and onions, all topped with taco seasoning, cheese and sour cream.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and stir with a wooden spoon occasionally. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the bell peppers. Cook for about 6-7 minutes, or until softened. Add the turkey and beef. Brown the meat, stirring occasionally.
- Season the meat and vegetables with the taco seasoning. Add the water and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Cut a thin piece off the bottom of each piece, so they will sit flat on the sheet pan. Use a spoon to gently scrape out the pulp. Leave a small amount of pulp, so they will hold their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place zucchini halves on a half sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Cover the zucchini with aluminum foil and cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until slightly tender. Remove from the oven and carefully spoon the taco meat into each half of zucchini.
- Sprinkle each top with shredded cheese. Cook in the preheated oven for an additional 10-15 minutes. Or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately and top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.