- 20 minutes
- 8 minutes
Kick start the day with these crispy hash browns made with spaghetti squash instead of potatoes for a healthier alternative with all of the desired flavor.
- Microwave whole squash for 6 minutes, or until soft enough to cut in half. Cover remainder half and refrigerate for later use.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to a microwave safe bowl. Place spaghetti squash pieces in the bowl and cover it. Microwave for 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the squash strands into a strainer to drain any moisture, and then pat the squash dry.
- Transfer squash strands to a large bowl. Thoroughly mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Divide the squash mixture into 6 equal portions and form into patties.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Bring the skillet to high heat.
- Add the squash mixture into the skillet, spread into an even layer, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the squash patties over and cook until lightly browned, about 4 more minutes.