- 20 minutes
- 5 Hours
With a twist on the classic, you can reduce the carbs, increase the vegetables and maintain all the flavor. An easy swap of pasta for spaghetti squash, and ground turkey for ground beef, makes a great weeknight dinner for under $10.
- Place squash in slow cooker with 1 cup water and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- To make the meatballs, combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix thoroughly using hands.
- Form 1 inch balls with the meat mixture.
- Broil for 4 minutes, flip, broil another 4 minutes.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Scrape sides using a fork to get all the "spaghetti".
- Add squash to bowl and top with meatballs, sauce, and a little parmesan cheese.