- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 4 servings
Use any baking dish you like for this recipe. A regular pie plate works well, or a square baking dish. Baking the fruit bake uncovered allows for the top to get caramelized while the fruit underneath becomes delicate and soft. Organic rose petals packaged for consumption add a hint of flavor and a sparkle of color to the dish. Sprinkling in Flax meal adds to the buttery rich flavor and also helps to keep some of the sweet liquid adhering to the fruit, while giving you essential omega-3 fatty acids.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Place the fruits in a large mixing bowl and add the cinnamon and ginger. Mix well.
- Add the butter and honey. Mix well.
- Pour the coated fruit into a pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the liquid is bubbling and the fruit on top is browning.
- Sprinkle the flax meal on top, then sprinkle the dried rose petals to garnish.