- 20 minutes
- 1 minute
Here's a spicy beverage that places grapefruit in the spotlight. Along with honey, lime juice, jalapeno slices and a chili rim, this drink is a citrus sensation with a bit of a flavor kick.
- On a paper plate, place the salt and chili powder and mix well.
- Dampen the lip of a glass with lime juice or grapefruit juice and then dip in the salt/chili powder mixture. (This will coat the rim.) Repeat with a second glass.
- Place the tequila in a cup and add 6 jalapeno slices. Let them soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the jalapenos and set aside.
- In a mason jar, combine the tequila, the grapefruit juice, the lime juice, and the honey. Add 3 jalapeno slices. Place the lid on the jar and shake well. Open the jar and fill with ice. Continue to shake.
- Pour the mixture into each glass. Serve with lime and grapefruit wedges for garnish, or a slice or two of jalapeno pepper.