- 1 hour
- Begin by making the simple syrup. Pour the sugar and water into a small saucepan and turn on medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Let the mixture come to a boil. After about a minute, reduce to a simmer for 3 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher. Then add the tequila and the seeded jalapeño. The pepper will give it spice. Allow it to infuse the mixture for 30-45 minutes. Then, remove the jalapeño.
- Add the juice of two lemons and two limes to the mixture. Add the triple sec. Stir.
- Before serving, salt the rim of the glass: Rub a lime wedge along the rim of the glass. Then turn it upside down and dip it in a small dish of salt.
- Serve the margarita over ice. Garnish with a slice of cucumber.