- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
This rich, hearty stew is filled with Caribbean spice and will have the whole house smelling amazing before you know it! Jamaican curry powder is loaded with cumin, coriander and intense spices that pack a flavorful punch, especially with delicate shrimp. Perfect for chilly nights, this decadent dinner will transport anyone to the tropics, with find-anywhere ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp and curry powder, being sure to fully coat all shrimp in the spice. Set aside.
- In a large, wide pot melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add onions and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook onions until translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes to onions, and add salt and pepper. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add stock and peas to potato mixture, stirring to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp to stew and stir to combine. After 2 minutes, dissolve cornstarch in water and slowly pour into stew, stirring to thicken mixture. Continue cooking 2 minutes longer.
- Remove stew from heat and stir in milk.
- Serve stew immediately, garnished with fresh parsley.