- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
The secret to a fantastic seafood boil is good, flavorful cooking liquid and starting with stock gets you halfway there. Chili flakes, bay leaves, and celery seed make this recipe sing, but you can always substitute with other things at home, like Old Bay seasoning or even cumin.
- Combine celery, spices, stock and water in a large pot, and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and boil 5 minutes. Then add corn and continue boiling.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly wash the shrimp, clams, and mussels tossing out any open shellfish as you go.
- Once potatoes are beginning to soften, add seafood and boil and additional 5-7 minutes, until clams and mussels have opened.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and butter.