- 90 minutes
- 30 to 36 spinach sticks
A tasty spin on a classic game day favorite, these spinach and mozzarella sticks are the cheezy goodness all your guests will crave.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the mozzarella cheese, the cream cheese, the cooked spinach, the garlic powder, the salt, and the pepper. Combine well.
- Press the mixture into a parchment-lined baking sheet to a thickness of ½-inch. Place it in the freezer for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into ½-inch strips, then cut the spinach sticks in half.
- Place the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Place the flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Place the breadcrumbs in yet another shallow bowl.
- Coat each spinach stick with flour, then place it in the egg bowl and coat with egg, then place it in the breadcrumb bowl and coat with breadcrumbs. Place the sticks on a baking dish and set aside.
- Once you've finished, you'll have about 30 to 36 spinach sticks. Heat canola oil (or your favorite cooking oil) over medium-high heat, and carefully fry each stick for about one minute or until they're golden brown. (You can fry about 4 or 5 sticks at a time.)
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.