- 15 minutes
- 12 minutes
- Makes 24 cookies
Spooky Peanut Butter Spider Cookies are crawling into your web. Get the recipe for these creepy cute Halloween treats from Food Lion today!
- Break apart the cookie dough and roll into balls. Place evenly apart on parchment lined half sheet pans. Bake the peanut butter cookies as directed on the package. (375 degrees for 12 minutes)
- While the cookies bake, melt the chocolate over a double boiler over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir. Set aside.
- When the cookies are done, remove from the oven and immediately press 2 chocolate candies directly into each cookie. Put a smaller chocolate ball towards the edge of the cookie and a larger chocolate directly behind the other in the center.
- Place the melted chocolate into a small baggie and cut a small corner off with scissors. Pipe 8 legs on each cookie, starting from from the point where the 2 chocolate candies meet. Pipe the front 4 legs so they curve up toward the head and the back 4 legs so they curve backward beyond the body.
- To make the eyes, pipe two small circles on the heads of each spider with white cake decorating gel. Pipe pupils of the eye with the leftover melted chocolate. Let dry completely and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.