- 20 minutes
- 4 hours
Here's how to make a party in a glass: Just add wine, fruit and sugar. This red-white-and-blue concoction has its own little fruit stars to make it look festive. It's perfect for patriotic picnics or other star-spangled gatherings when you want your guests to have a blast.
- Make a simple syrup by pouring 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Boil the water. Add 2 cups of sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Slice the fruit. Start with ½ pint of strawberries. Then core the apple and pear and slice them into thin pieces that you can cut with a cookie cutter. Use a small, star-shaped cookie cutter to make the white star shapes in the apple and pear slices.
- In a large pitcher, add the wine, simple syrup and fruit. Squeeze the juice of a lime and stir.
- The longer you chill it, the more the flavors will combine. It's best to chill it for 4 hours. Ice will work in a pinch if it is not well-chilled.
- Serve cold, with some fruit and a pear or apple star in each glass.