- 45 minutes
- 55 minutes
This unique homemade champagne cheesecake recipe with a chocolate drizzled strawberry topping is sure to impress any discerning cheesecake connoisseur.
- Place champagne in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then cook 8 minutes until liquid is reduced to about ¼ of a cup. Set aside for cooling.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, ½ cup sugar, butter. Grease a 9 inch springform pan then press the crumb mixture along the bottom and sides up 1-1/2 inch. Arrange a layer of sliced strawberries on the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, and reduced champagne liquid. Beat on low while adding in the eggs and egg yolks until all ingredients are combined. Pour the mixture over the strawberries in the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees on a baking pan in the middle rack of your oven for 55-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the crust side away from the pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from springform pan. For the decoration, top with the rest of the fresh strawberry slices. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave with ½ teaspoon shortening. Stir and drizzle over strawverries. Repeat with white baking chips.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken, then add confectioner’s sugar. Serve cheesecake slices with whipped cream.