- 10 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- Makes 8-10 Servings.
Make your own strawberry filling, topping and whipped cream with this strawberries and dumpling recipe. Combine in a cast iron skillet for the perfect brunch meal or sweet treat! Get the recipe!
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries, then hull the strawberries and chop them into small pieces. Mix chopped strawberries with sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, cubed butter, and ground ginger in a bowl. Toss to coat everything well, then set aside for an hour.
- After an hour, preheat the oven to 350 F. Pour strawberry mixture into a 10” cast iron pan.
- Chop biscuits into small pieces, then scatter pieces across the top of the strawberry mixture, tucking them into the strawberry mixture.
- Bake the strawberries and biscuits for 30-35 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the strawberry juice is bubbling.
- Carefully remove from the oven, and allow to cool for about five minutes. Spoon each serving onto individual plates, then top with whipped cream if desired.